Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blog 11- Living for the Future

I think about the future all of the time. What will my finances be when I retire (even though it is FOREVER away)? What will my health be like when I am older? Will I have kids that excel the way I want them to? How much longer will my parents be around? What will global warming do in the future?

These are questions that deal with the future that I ask myself often, but I wonder if I am really living for the future. If I were, what would I do differently? For starters, I would eat healthier. We all want to be healthy and live forever, but the choices I am making now do not support that desire. Exercising goes hand-in-hand with eating healthier. As we age, it is better for our balance and overall energy level to exercise. With my parents, I am not doing things now to keep them health either. We go to dinner for get togethers rather than a hike or bowling. Anything active would be better than sitting around and eating. When we cook for birthday celebrations, providing healthier options for the meals, especially with my father being a diabetic is another way to take better care of my parents. With the environment, if we were living for tomorrow we would be more aware of our effects we would be more “green”. Things like recycling, taking public transportation, shorter showers are all areas in which to save our environment.

It is easy to think and worry about the future, but it is difficult to put the plan into action for truly affecting the outcome. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for your response to my post. It is true that researcers have yet to come up with a correct way of diagnosing Fibromyalgia and a cure for it so they lable it a disorder instead.

    Anywho, you are absolutly correct in you blog, I to believe that if more people thought about their future more they would change their ways. A lot of us young people only think about the here and now and living in the moment; they fail to see that their actions in the present will affect them in the long run. Bindge drinking, smoking and doing drugs is all about living in the here and now. The youth is not thinking about oh I should stop drinkin so much I might damage my kidney or oh I should probly stop smoking it can increase my risk of cancer.

    If we did keep those things in mind and think about our life in the long run we would definitly change our habits and live a healtier life style.

    Thanks,

    Kitara Wright

    ReplyDelete